Thursday, December 29, 2005

Music & Technology

I just walked into Wife's office area of our house, and I heard this great jazz coming out of her computer's speakers. Then I realize that she has downloaded hours of our CD collection into "realplayer," so now she can listen to music she likes whenever she wants. A good idea, this is.

And then it hit me: How is it that I have a degree in music and I'm a better-than-average computer user, and yet I know absolutely nothing about combining these two interests? I'm CLUELESS about newer musical technologies like doing CD downloads, using iPods, iTunes, and all of that stuff. How did I miss this boat?

I had a good chuckle to myself, and then I went back up to my office/prison to prepare for the online course I help to teach while working in utter silence...my CD, record & tape collections gather dust behind me on the shelf.

No comments: