Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mid-way through Chapter the Sixth

I'm resorting to some funny techniques to keep me writing these days. Last night I powered through a good structure for the first section of this last chapter where I review literature that is relevant to my theory and note where it converges or diverges from what actually happened in the study. There's so much floating around in my head, that in order to focus I'm writing small half-sentences, knowing I will go back and write real sentences later. So, it's looking sorta like this.
[Quick fox - jumps over the dog].
...knowing it will need to become...
The quick, brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
So it's sort of funny to see a bunch of sentence phrases in [brackets] like that all over the page, but soon I will turn those into rich, thick, descriptive prose that will tell the story of my study.

Yeah, and I hope the four people who have to read about it don't fall asleep!

2 comments:

Eagle One said...

[Rob - strategic - results - yes - Karne]

Rob said...

[OMG!]