Saturday, March 07, 2009

And here we go

I embark upon the two weeks I have mentioned in the past. I'm a bit scared. I'm not scared of what I can do, or anything like that. It's just that my track record for planning expansive chunks of unstructured time for my dissertation is not that great. Just my opinion.

I've enlisted three friends as peer reviewers. These are friends whose work I respect a great deal, and fortunately these are people I do not see on a regular basis. Not sure why I find that fortunate just yet, but that's my initial thought. Anyhow, one lives here in town, and the other two are in different states. There's a fourth who is also here in town that I may enlist as well, in case one of the others is too extended in her work to be able to participate. All are women. Not that it makes a stitch of difference in this case, but it's just a noteworthy trend. I didn't realize that till after I had asked them for help.

Anyhow, I hope that these three or four will be my accountability measure for the two weeks. I just need to speak with them and decide upon what I must (MUST) deliver to them no later than Friday, March 20.

Oy. For now, Wife and I have dinner plans, so, bye.

No comments: