Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Dissertation Week - Days 2 and 3

In the past, I have written about how I get the warm fuzzies as we prepare for the holidays. I've also been in the habit these past six or seven years of cranking out paper after paper as I prepare for the end of the fall term. This year is no different, and I'm glad the warm fuzzy/holy-shit-I've-gotta-get-all-this done-NOW feelings are coming early. 

Yesterday went alright - got more and more of the summaries done, which will likely form the beginning of Chapter 4. Got another one done this morning, and I'll probably head home soon to wait for my mom to arrive for the holiday this afternoon. 

I've been having good luck working in the main public library here in LSC. Also, a friend of mine showed me a neat cafe in LSC's Cool Neighborhood, which is under a 10-minute drive from our house. I'm there this morning, and it's almost as nice as the cafe in SCT. Not quite, but it'll do for now! 

So I'm cranking out a summary or two, listening to holiday music on my computer, and really truly enjoying the data analysis process. What a gift it is to have the time and space to actually get the work done. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: