- I came here with idea #1 in the fall of 2002.
- I changed to idea #2 in the spring of 2003.
- I switched back to idea #1 the following fall 2003.
- Then, idea #3 hit me last spring of 2004, and I carried that torch until two weeks prior to the end of the fall 2004 semester, at which point I switched back to topic #1.
- And today, after a knock-down drag-out meeting with my advisor (a good meeting, though), I think I may go with idea #4.
It's going to be an interesting couple of months as I work out the details of this new topic. OK, it kinda makes my brain itch, but it's exciting nonetheless. My advisor does a good job of helping me develop a dissertation topic that will show off analytical skills when looking for a job and also falls inside an area that I really care about.
I'm not quite ready to share the new idea yet...we'll see where things go with my intellectual activities this week.
Gotta get some reading done now...