Monday, February 21, 2005

Whew.

One down, one to go. I turned in my twenty-ish page response (OK, it was just shy of 19), with five pages of references at about 4:35 PM. Technically it was due at 4:30 - got stuck in slow Midwestern traffic (I hate how people drive here) on the way into campus. Ok, getting real: I was just plumb late, so I should stop blaming the nice people of Small College Town, USA. :-)

If I had to do it again (actually, I do have to do it again this Friday), I think I would still outline everything first thing in the morning, but then I would attempt to actually write out the prose of my response by memory for as long as I can during the first day. At that point, there is plenty of time to go back and revise things, fill in with appropriate references, etc. Where I got stuck was second-guessing the number of references, or the people I should include in the reference list for political reasons, or whatever...and it delayed the actual writing. I'm a fast writer, so I was relying on my speed to help out. Ulitmately it helped, but I didn't even have time to give the last 10 pages or so a second read-through at all.

Oh well...this exam ain't gonna be published or nuthin'.

Time to clean up the tornadic state of my office and go to sleep. My morning class was cancelled tomorrow...gotta like that.

Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on one down, one to go! Get some good sleep....