Friday, February 25, 2005

Take your mark...

...POW.

I'm off again on another round of The Qualifying Exam. Yeah, big @#$% deal. I wrote two questions for my advisor: he was to pick one of them and tweak it a bit. I suggested he pick the one more closely-related to my dissertation topic...and of course he chose the wrong question. I should have known!

The saving grace is that the "tweaking" he did amounted only to adding one bullet point to my list of "things to address," and this topic is something with which I feel very comfortable. So, it shouldn't be too bad...it's just not what I was expecting.

I've been bothered by a few things I haven't been expecting this week, and unfortunately I've let these things cloud my head a bit as I'm going into this exam. Sometimes one just needs to let go of the things over which they have no control, but I'm not very good at that "letting go" process sometimes.

Somehow I need to clear my mind now and get cranking on this exam. I suppose putting these thoughts down here helps a bit, so perhaps I can focus now. Thanks for reading...more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my questions was horrible, but I'd seen it coming. Another question wasn't just from left field, but from another universe - which almost made it easier to write!