Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Office Angst

I hate filing. I always have. I feel like it sucks me into a Vortex of wasted time. However, I think I hate even more having a messy office. It's a cycle...a downward spiral. Bad Rob, bad.

I should be filing right now. There are large piles of paper that I actually need to keep (i.e. paid bills and other things like that) in about four piles on the floor of my home office. There's really no excuse: I have file cabinets. I have hanging folders. They are labeled. There are even Manila folders inside each hanging folder...all labeled. The structure is in place, and I'm just avoiding the use of the structure.

But why do I do this? Why? Every time I clean the office, I say "I'm never going to let this happen again." Six months later, the Vortex is back, sucking me into its dark dreary void of existence. AUGH!

OK, I'll stop being dramatic. It's not that bad. I can still see the floor, and Chester can still curl up on my feet, as he's doing right now. That brings about a bit of peace in its own right. *sigh*...office peace within the office angst.

Wow: a post that's not expounding on epistemological development or the notion of theory-into practice. A big step for me...random babblation! Anyway, thanks for reading.

[Rob now crawls away, sheepishly, to sort through these big-ass piles of paper on his office floor...]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, u got an interesting blog here, sir.. :)

I am thinking of persuing my master degree and have not been able to talk about it seriously with anybody... somehow ur blog gives me ideas and makes me look at the whole idea with different perceptives..:)

Currently, i am working in an accounting firm as a semi-senior-tax though i have no accounting background at all... cos i was a maths graduate with a second upper honors degree..

I wonder if it is possible for u to enlighten me a little about ur master course experience.. of course only when u are free...

By the way, may i know what is the meaning of "epistemological " i couldnt find it in the dictionary.. :D

Good day to you ,sir.. :)