Friday, February 18, 2005

First Exam Question

Well, here I am at my favorite cafe in town, complete with bottomless coffee and unlimited wireless Internet access....when it's working. :)

I have the first exam question in hand, and it's definitely going to be manageable. Whew. It involves solving an administrative problem with a good combination of practical application & relevant research. This is the way I would hope to solve a problem in a full-time administrative job anyhow, so I suppose this is good practice.

As I left the School of Education and drove over here to the cafe, I kept thinking about the fact that I'm finally about go through the first major "hoop" of the program. And yet, I'm not looking at this as a hoop: I'm actually looking forward to it. Yeah, ask me how I'm doing in about 8 hours! Seriously, I think I need this summative experience to really feel like I have bridged the gap between the end of coursework and the beginning of creating my own research in the dissertation.

More later.

No comments: