Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 12 Report

I'm writing the report du jour halfway through the 'jour' because it's going very well. Had my first meeting with one of my peer reviewing friends (Peer Reviewer #1, or PR1) just now. I'm glad to finally be able to talk about the theory I'm building without talking out of my ass! This was sort of the culmination of The Two Weeks, and I think I'm now in a very good spot.

PR1 was helpful in that she listened well and attempted to follow how I was building up the theory. As she was learning more about the theory, she asked a few questions and took a guess as to how some of the points were falling together. Hearing her logic and reasoning of these points made me think about building up part of the background of the theory a bit more. All good thoughts. I think I'm off to a decent start.

The other thing PR1 helped with was logistics of writing up all of this stuff. She validated a few things I had already considered (a good thing), and also gave me some helpful tips I had not yet considered. Pretty exciting if you ask me. Bottom line: I think I can officially start writing now.

I'm now at Snooty Local Coffee Shop trying to make sense of these discussions and savor the last few hours of The Two Weeks prior to the weekend. Living in Theory World has been nice these past couple of weeks. Not sure I'm really ready to come back into Reality World come Monday, but we'll see.

OK, am off to finish organizing and start writing. Finally.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Reality World is the worst amusement park ever.

Rob said...

That is a perfect analogy!

Anonymous said...

Your "ass" is getting a work out during this writing process...keeping those systs away, I guess. Glad your head is out...
good work...good thinking...mom

lemming said...

Go go go go go!!!!

Rob said...

Thanks Mom, but that's gross.

Going going going...