Sunday, June 05, 2005

Nephew No. 2

My sister had her second child in the middle of last week. All parties involved are doing well. I love being an uncle; no, it's not as much fun as being a dad, but it's pretty darn cool nonetheless. Nephew No. 1, at age 3, calls me "Unca Rob." I love that!

Next Sunday is the baby-naming ceremony in Chicago. It will involve a slew of relatives from my family and from that of my sister's husband. I think the naming of relatives is funny. For example, the guy married to my sister's husband's sister is the brother-in-law of my brother-in-law. That's how we're starting to introduce ourselves to others: "This is 'Joe,' my brother-in-law's brother-in-law." I told my cousin about the arrival of Nephew No. 2, and her daughter was excited to have a new cousin. Does she realize this is a second cousin? Does she realize I'm her first cousin once-removed? Where do we come up with these names??

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Can you TELL that my friend Ida Wanna is visiting me tonight as I attempt to write a paper??

No comments: